Multitone Applications Datasheet for AWG70000A Series and SourceXpress®
The Tektronix Multitone application plug-in enhances the capabilities of either the AWG70000A Series Arbitrary Waveform Generators or the SourceXpress® application software, adding the ability to generate Chirps and Tones.
- Create tones for various applications, including Noise Power Ratio (NPR), with a set of desired start and end frequencies, spacing or the number of tones
- Notch out frequencies by setting the start and end frequency of choice
- Create chirps with frequency sweeps from "high to low" or "low to high"
- Offline Mode: Plug-ins are designed to also run on an external PC via the SourceXpress PC application, thereby reducing the time taken to synthesize large waveforms and leaving the AWG70000A instruments free for continued testing.
- The easy to use graphical user interface integrates seamlessly with the Tektronix AWG70000A series user interface and the SourceXpress PC application.
The hallmark of a wide variety of RF and signal generation applications is the ability to produce clean chirps, tones and notches. The Multitone & Chirp Plug-in is a standalone plug-in that integrates seamlessly into SourceXpress™ or the native firmware for the AWG70000A Series. The Multitone plug-in is essential for customers in the military, aerospace, and RF applications where creating and generating tones are essential to a successful mission.
The AWG70000A Series is excellent at creating clean precise signals that can be easily built with the Multitone plug-in. Create tones for various applications, including Noise Power Ratio (NPR), with a set of desired start and end frequencies, spacing or the number of tones. Notch out frequencies by setting the start and end frequency of choice. When generating chirps, the user can decide between "high to low" or "low to high" frequency sweeps and define chirp characteristics by sweep time or by sweep rate.
While creating waveforms for testing wideband receivers, it is important that the test equipment generate signals with flat frequency and linear phase response. Correction files can be directly applied to Tones or Chirp waveforms while they are being compiled.
The Generic Precompensation plug-in must be installed and licensed to enable adding correction files to Tone and Chirp waveforms.
- Plug-in installed with SourceXpress on PC:
- SourceXpress software version 5.2 or greater
- PC operating systems: Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 8 (64 bit), Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Plug-in installed on AWG70000A Series instrument:
- AWG70000A firmware version 5.2 or greater
- Multitone plug-in application with a floating license that can be reassigned to different Tektronix instruments or PCs.
- Multitone plug-in application with a node locked license tied to a single instrument or PC.
How to purchase
To purchase, visit the Tektronix web site to request a quote or contact your nearest sales representative.
Refer to the SourceXpress web site (www.tek.com/node/9781) for information about:
- additional application plug-ins available for SourceXpress and the AWG70000A Series
- free software downloads and trial licenses
Each application plug-in for SourceXpress and AWG70000A Series instruments requires the purchase of a license before they are fully functional. Some plug-ins may require additional licenses to unlock certain plug-in features. Licenses are managed within the Tektronix Asset Management System (Tek AMS). The Tek AMS web site address iswww.tektronix.com/node/72246. Product license management requires a login account.
There are two types of licenses available: node-locked (NL) and floating (FL).
Node Locked Licenses provide your own copy of the application on your instrument or personal computer and are permanently assigned to a specific Hostid or product model/serial number.
- Floating licenses can be moved between different Hostids or product models.
Use the Tektronix Asset Management system to check in and check out floating licenses.