The 80A03 TekConnect Probe Interface Module extends the capabilities of the DSA8300 1 oscilloscope and makes debugging today’s high-performance electrical and optical designs a little easier. Using the 80A03 with the DSA8300 oscilloscope, design engineers can benefit from Tektronix industry-leading active and differential probes to measure signals on SMD pins and other challenging circuit features.
1 The 80A03 also supports all legacy 8000 series sampling oscilloscopes, including the TDS/CSA8000, TDS/CSA8000B, and TDS/CSA/DSA8200.
Key performance specs
Enables probing up to 18 GHz using Tektronix active and differential probes
- Interfaces Tektronix P7000 Series high-performance active and differential probes to DSA8300 sampling scopes
- Allows easy probing of SMDs with the small head design of P7000 Series probes and numerous adapters and accessories
- Seamless integration
- Automatically scales measurement for probe attenuation setting
- Requires no user adjustments
- Powered through the oscilloscope interface – requires no external power cord
- Integrated extender cable plugs into any of the four electrical sampling module slots
- Communications (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand)
- Semiconductor characterization and Validation (PCI-Express, Serial ATA, USB, DDR)
- High-speed digital systems design
- Component design/characterization
- Manufacturing engineering and test
Probe interface module
The 80A03 plugs into any of the four electrical sampling module slots on the DSA8300 and provides probe power and control for up to two Tektronix P7000 Series probes. The seamless integration enables the DSA8300 oscilloscope to automatically adjust its scale factor to match the probe. The 80A03 is powered through the oscilloscope and requires no user adjustments or external power cords. The integrated extender cable places the probe near the circuit for easier probing without stretching the cables. An electrical sampling module is plugged directly into the slot on the 80A03 to provide the optimum signal fidelity and a short electrical path.
The 80A03 supports the complete line of TekConnect probes including: P7500 SeriesTriMode probes (4 GHz to 20 GHz), and other TekConnect probes. For a complete list, see the "Recommended Probes" section below.
- Probe input connectors
TekConnect probe interface compatible with P7000 series probes
- Signal output connector
- Module slot
- Compatible with Tektronix 80Exx modules
- 50 Ω
- 193 mm/ 7.6 in
- 89 mm/ 3.5 in
- 198 mm/ 7.8 in
- Cable length
- 914 mm/ 36 in
- 1.5 kg/ 3.4 lb